Layer blending my art


Using photgraphs I have taken and blending my original paintings with them to create a new image has been really fun,  I also learnt how to use various tools on photoshop, like the quick selection tool, clone tool and how to invert an image. In the image above, from St Annes kite festival, I phtotgraphed this large piece of fabric they had exhibited on posts, I loved the way it moved in the wind, and I waited until the moment it blew up above the pier to get the shot.

Instructions for future layer blending:
Open two picture, one art and one of something else.
Duplicate layer
Quick selection tool around the area you want the art to be in
Use move tool to drag pictures into each other
Move layer 1 under background layer
Add layer mask to background
Select inverse (to reverse selection)
Add a layer mask (Japan flag symbol)
Opacity down to merge the two

 I also used the lasso to draw around the people on the beach, go to edit, fill and content aware, this gets rid on them and replaces them with beach. For the tricker ones, I used the patch tool.



Comments

Popular Posts